4 week complete player development camp- 1.5 hours each day - 3 days or 2 days a week option This camp runs from June 24th thru July 26th. There will be NO camp July 1st-5th. Summer School is for the players who want to take their development to the next level. Summer School is open to all players 3rd-8th grade. In this clinic players will receive the following:
Each day 1 hour of skill development and 30 minutes of team type transfer drills and live scrimmages. Each week will have its main focus, but will also include the prior weeks focus.
Week 1: Ball On A String- This week is all about dribbling, passing, and finishing around the rim.
- Stationary Ballhandling ( Regular Ball, 2 Ball, Heavy Ball)
- Handles On The Move ( Regular Ball, 2 Ball, Heavy Ball)
- Stationary Passing ( 2 Ball Partner Series)
- Breakaway Full Court Passing Progression
- Finishing School ( 5 must learn finishes from 3 different angles)
- Live Handles with Finishes
Week 2: Shooting- The most difficult skill to become great at in basketball- come find out why!
- Building Our Shooter
- Focused Form Shooting Without The Ball
- Spin Outs and Dribble Outs
- Proper Footwork- Off the catch and Off the dribble
- Proper Form and Release- Find YOUR Authentic Stroke
- Catch and Shoot
- Off The Dribble
- Out of Triple Threat
- Using and Setting Screens
- Breakaway Shooting Mentality
Week 3: TEAM - It's not about running plays, it's about learning HOW to play!
- Motion Offense Concepts ( spacing and ball movement)
- Basket Cut
- Screen Away
- 1 on 1 On The Ball Defense
- 1 Pass Away- Learn Deny and Gap Principles
- 2 pass Away- Help Help Help!
- Defending Screens
- War Rebounding
Week 4: The Season - 3 on 3 Regular Season, Championship Tournament, Winners will receive Breakaway Basketball Under Armour Gear.
The Breakaway Mindset: Players will learn life skills and messages that will help instill confidence, discipline, respect, and truly learning how to operate outside of their comfort zone. The coaches will be sharing personal stories and messages to help inspire and motivate the players in camp.